Rules and Class Definition
- Six competing classes for Best In Show:
- Pure Breed Scissor
- Spaniel & Setter
- Hand Stripping
- Clip/Comb Attachment Workshop
- Scissored Workshop
- Dogs hair must be long enough to allow the groomer to make changes to its physical appearance.
- All dogs except Poodles must have a minimum of 8 weeks hair growth with no visible set lines.
- Poodles in traditional style may have the face and feet clipped PRIOR to the competition.
- Poodles must be groomed in a style recognised in the breed standard. If they are trimmed in an alternative style i.e Asian or Teddy trim then they enter into workshop category. Poodles are judged in separate sizes of Toy & Miniature Open & Toy & Miniature Champion and Standard Open & Standard Champion. The top 3 placings of each will challenge for overall 1st, 2nd,3rd Poodle Open and Poodle Champion. Prizes are awarded only for overall winner.
- Dogs must be freshly bathed and dried and have no tangles in the coat. Ears must be cleaned and nails clipped before the competition.
- Dogs underbelly, hygiene areas and under pads may be previously clipped according to breed standard.
- All grooming techniques i.e. scissoring, clipping, hand stripping and thinning are allowed.
- All competitors must be in the ring 30 minutes before the start of the competition.
- Example Breeds:
- Pure Breed Scissor – Bichon, Kerry Blue Terrier, Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, Russian Black Terrier, Bedlington Terrier, Bouvier.
- Spaniel & Setter – All Setters, American Cocker Spaniel, English Cocker Spaniel, English Springer Spaniel.
- Hand Stripping – Fox Terrier, Lakeland Terrier, Scottish Terrier, Schnauzer, suitably coated cross breed
- Poodle – Standard, Miniature, Toy – accepted breed style only.
- Clipped/Comb Attachment Workshop – Any breed without a trimming breed standard i.e. Lhasa Apso, Shih Tzu, Clipped Terriers, Clipped Schnauzers, Clipped Spaniels, Old English, Tibetan Terrier, Poodles in non breed style, Cross Breeds. Minimal colouring and accessories are allowed in this class.
- Scissored Workshop – Any breed without a trimming breed standard i.e. Lhasa Apso, Shih Tzu, Old English, Tibetan Terrier, Poodles in non breed style,Cross Breeds. FULLY scissored NO USE of comb attachments in this class. Minimal colouring and accessories are allowed in this class.
- Timing:Any competitor arriving more than 15 minutes after their class start time will not be permitted to compete.No extra grooming time will be allocated for late arrivals to the class.
- Purebreed Scissor – Bichon and Bedlington – 2 Hours, Other Breeds – 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- Spaniel & Setter – All Spaniels and Setters – 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- Handstripping – Handstripping with Clipper Work – Small /Medium 2 Hours, Large 2 Hours 30 Minutes. Handstripping Only – Small/Medium – 2 Hours 30 Minutes, Large Breeds – 3 Hours
- Poodles – Toys/Miniatures – 2 Hours Standards – 2 Hours 30 Minutes. Poodles with show top knots are allowed 15 minutes extra and can have assistance to hold the dog during this time.
- Clipped/ Comb Attachment Workshop – Dogs Under 15” – 1 Hour 45 Minutes, Dogs Over 15” – 2 Hours 15 Minutes.
- Scissored Workshop- Dogs Under 15” – 2 Hours, Dogs Over 15” – 2 Hours 30 Minutes.
- Intermediate & Beginners – All breeds – 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- Beginners – Should have not more than 1 years full time grooming experience. Any breed, any technique may be used. No breed specialists allowed.
- Intermediate – Should not have more than 2 years full time grooming experience, and may or may not have competed previously. Any breed, any technique may be used. No breed specialists allowed.
- Any 1st placings from the advanced group in non Champion shows MUST enter the Champion Class. 1st placings from the experienced group in non Champion shows can remain in the Open Class.
- Open Level – More than 2 years full time grooming experience and may or may not have competed previously. Must not have placed first in selected category at any competition.
- Champion Level – Open to all; if you have been placed first in Open in the same category you must enter Champion.
- Once results of the competition have been declared,if a competitor is found to have been entered into the wrong class they will be immediately disqualified and prizes withdrawn.
All competitors must provide their own table and equipment. Please note there will be no electricity supplied in the ring with exception of beginners and intermediate classes
All groomers are responsible for their own dogs care and well being during their time at the venue. There will be an allocated comfort break during the class time.
Please clean up after your dog. Anyone found not to be cleaning up after their dog or not disposing of poo bags in the correct places will be issued with a fine and named to other grooming event organisers
Judges and organisers reserve the right to re-classify or disqualify any dog in the wrong class.