Rules and Class Definition
- Six competing classes for Best In Show:
- Pure Breed Scissor
- Spaniel & Setter
- Hand Stripping
- Pure Breed Workshop
- Cross Breed Workshop
- Dogs hair must be long enough to allow the groomer to make changes to its physical appearance.
- All dogs except Poodles must have a minimum of 8 weeks hair growth with no visible set lines.
- Poodles must have a minimum of 5 cm hair growth with no visible set lines. The hair on the muzzle and feet MUST be done PRIOR to the competition.
- Poodles must be groomed in a style recognised in the breed standard.
- Dogs must be freshly bathed and dried and have no tangles in the coat. Ears must be cleaned and nails clipped before the competition.
- Dogs underbelly, hygiene areas and under pads may be previously clipped according to breed standard.
- All grooming techniques i.e. scissoring, clipping, hand stripping and thinning are allowed.
- All competitors must be in the ring 30 minutes before the start of the competition.
- Example Breeds:
- Pure Breed Scissor – Bichon, Kerry Blue Terrier, Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, Russian Black Terrier, Bedlington Terrier, Bouvier.
- Spaniel & Setter – All Setters, American Cocker Spaniel, English Cocker Spaniel, English Springer Spaniel.
- Hand Stripping – Fox Terrier, Lakeland Terrier, Scottish Terrier, Schnauzer.
- Poodle – Standard, Miniature, Toy – accepted breed style only.
- Pure Breed Workshop – Any breed without a trimming breed standard i.e. Lhasa Apso, Shih Tzu, Clipped Terriers, Clipped Schnauzers, Clipped Spaniels, Old English, Tibetan Terrier, Poodles in non breed style.
- Cross Breed Workshop – Any Cross Breed using any technique including hand stripping.
- Timing:Any competitor arriving more than 15 minutes after their class start time will not be permitted to compete.No extra grooming time will be allocated for late arrivals to the class.
- Purebreed Scissor – Bichon and Bedlington – 2 Hours, Other Breeds – 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- Spaniel & Setter – All Spaniels and Setters – 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- Handstripping – Handstripping with Clipper Work – Small 2 Hours, Medium 2 Hours 15 Minutes, Large 2 Hours 30 Minutes. Handstripping Only – Small/Medium – 2 Hours 30 Minutes, Large Breeds – 3 Hours
- Poodles – Toys –1 Hour 45 Minutes, Miniatures – 2 Hours , Standards – 2 Hours 30 Minutes. Poodles with show top knots are allowed 15 minutes extra and can have assistance to hold the dog during this time.
- Workshop – Dogs Under 15” clipped or comb attachment – 1 Hour 45 Minutes, full scissor 2 Hours. Dogs Over 15” clipped or comb attachment – 2 Hours 15 Minutes, full scissor – 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- Intermediate & Beginners – All breeds – 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- Beginners – Should have not more than 1 years full time grooming experience. Any breed, any technique may be used. No breed specialists allowed.
- Intermediate – Should not have more than 2 years full time grooming experience, and may or may not have competed previously. No breed specialists allowed. Any 1st placings from the advanced group in non Champion shows MUST enter the Champion Class. 1st placings from the experienced group in non Champion shows can remain in the Open Class.
- Open Level – More than 2 years full time grooming experience and may or may not have competed previously. Must not have placed first in selected category at any competition.
- Champion Level – Must have been placed first in the same category. If a Champion Class has less than 3 entries,contestants will be entered into the Open Class.
- Once results of the competition have been declared,if a competitor is found to have been entered into the wrong class they will be immediately disqualified and prizes withdrawn.
All competitors must provide their own table and equipment.
All groomers are responsible for their own dogs care and well being during their time at the venue. There will be an allocated comfort break during the class time.
Please clean up after your dog.
Judges and organisers reserve the right to re-classify or disqualify any dog in the wrong class.
Members of the Groom Team England Committee are not permitted to enter the competition.